What is builder’s public liability insurance?
Public liability insurance protects you against claims lodged against you by a third party. It includes cover for third party personal injury, property damage and legal expenses in defending a claim.
What does public liability insurance cover for builders?
Public liability insurance covers costs of a potential claim against you from a third party. A third party could include the general public, your customers, your suppliers and contractors.
Imar’s public liability insurance covers costs awarded against you for personal injury and property damage for builders and tradies.
Other benefits of public liability insurance and contract works insurance under the annual policy
- Products liability
- Vibration, weakening or removal of support
- Goods in your care and control
- Material damage cover gives you full cover for goods in transit and storage
- Tools are covered Australia wide
- Cover for existing structures on the site before work commences
- Removal of debris
- Professional fees including architects, surveyors and consulting engineers
- Expediting costs including express delivery, overtime wages and the hire of additional labour
- Claims preparation costs